Dogs and other animals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dogs and other animals

Post  stjamessurb on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 am

Hi there
I've read that "dogs and other animals" are not allowed in some of the buildings.
I get that barking dogs would disturb neighbours and would need to be walked through shared parts of the building. But "other animals" feels very restrictive when most pets are barely noticeable.
Is there a reason for this blanket ban and have exceptions ever been agreed to it?
Rgds
SJS

stjamessurb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: Dogs and other Animals

Post  Admin on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi - if this is a specific question for the Estate Management or Directors you should use the 'Contact Us' form on the web site (www.st-james-park.com).  This sends an email to the management company with your query and they can respond to it directly.  The only way to respond to this post is on this forum as you are effectively anonymous here.  If your topic is a general one for others on the estate to comment on then this is the right place.

Personally I don't know of any requests that have been made or agreed to.  I am on the board of directors and will raise this topic at the next board meeting.

Regards

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://stjamespark.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogs and other animals

Post  stjamessurb on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi there and thanks for your reply.
Its not really a specific question but did wonder if it had ever come up before. I thought it could lead to some discussion with other residents to hear their thoughts on it.
I'd be really interested to hear how you get on at the next meeting - are minutes made available on the website?
SJS

stjamessurb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE:Dogs and other animals

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:23 pm

A summary of the board meetings is posted on the website - there's a bit of a delay between the meeting and posting the notes as they need to be approved at the following meeting first.  There is also a bit of a longer delay at the moment as we just had the AGM last month.

Regards

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://stjamespark.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dogs and Other Animals

Post  wallakers on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:53 pm

To clarify, the question of pets relates to the apartment blocks only, not to houses.

Having said this, all pet owners should act responsibily so not to cause discomfort to neighbours/others.

Kind regards,
Wallakers

wallakers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stjamessurb on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:10 am

Hi there and thank you for your input - my original email was related to the flats rather than houses and to understand the reason for the blanket prohibition. Was this brought up at any recent board meetings?
KRs.

stjamessurb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wallakers on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:27 am

Apartments, as stated in the terms of the lease, first schedule, point 16:

"No bird animal or reptile shall be kept in the Premises without the written permission of the Apartments Manager which if givenshall be deemed to be by way of licence revocable by the Apartments Manager at will."

Wallakers

wallakers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top